To provide essential nourishment to the local home-bound elderly population in the Lewes & Rehoboth areas. To sustain and assist our program with meeting its’ mission, “To feed the home-bound and to reduce the alternative of institutionalization.”
- Must possess good communication skills and pleasant personality.
- Must have the ability to follow directions under general supervision and/or independently.
- Must have a valid drivers license and active insurance.
- Must not be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs while conducting agency related business.
- Must have acceptable public record and reputation.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be in good health.
Volunteer Physical Requirements
- Mobility (standing, sitting, walking, bending, grasping/gripping)
- Hearing (normal conversation – perceiving oral communication with the ears)
- Seeing (general near vision (seeing an object within 16 inches) – perceiving an object(s) with the eye(s))
- Speech (tone and clarity as able to be understood by others)
- Physical Tasks (carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds, pushing, pulling, reaching horizontally/vertically)